Scamp Camper Part 2

After we got finished cleaning all of the junk out of the Scamp, the next task was to remove all of the furniture so we could assess the condition of the shell.

7583864770_529a93ed25 (1)

Here is the rear of the Scamp after we removed one of the two benches. The original floor covering had already been removed by the previous owner and various rugs and linoleum tiles covered the plywood base. We soon learned that all of the plywood was rotten and needed to be replaced.


Here is the kitchen area after the upper and lower cabinets were removed. Behind the upper cabinet was clean white ensolite. I was so jealous because all of the visible ensolite had been painted with multiple layers of hideous paint.


Eager to make progress, I began to sand and paint the fiberglass furniture and cabinetry soon after they were removed from the Scamp. It would be a long time before they could go back in though, because there was a lot of work to be done inside the camper.

In the next post I’ll discuss the ensolite situation and share more progress on my little Scamp. Thanks for visiting!


  1. It will be a labor of love.

  2. […] We kept the original fiberglass cabinets and repainted them. This process can be seen in a previous post. We did, however, replace the cabinet doors. They were made from thick fibery material that had […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: