After removing as much paint as I could, and determining that what was left was stuck on enough to paint over, I began priming the ensolite. From the moment I rolled on that first swatch of primer I knew that I was about to witness a major transformation. I used Kilz primer that is made to kill bacteria and odors. Even though I washed the walls with bleach, I wasn’t convinced that they were clean and this let me rest assured that none of the previous owner’s grime would remain in my camper.
After two coats of primer I went ahead with paint. I chose to paint the Scamp’s interior in a bright white. I felt that it would best give it that clean, new look, plus it would provide a blank canvas for fabric colors and decor later in the restoration.
While I was painting, Dad was working on the floor, which I’ll cover in my next post. Thanks for looking!